Leading global background check provider ESR releases 12th annual list of “Top Ten Background Check Trends” that will influence the screening industry in 2019.
NOVATO, CA, UNITED STATES, January 3, 2019 /EINPresswire.com/ — Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading global background check provider – has released its 12th annual “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2019 that feature emerging and influential trends in the background screening industry for the coming year. The complete list of top background check trends is at www.esrcheck.com/Tools-Resources/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends/.
Since 2008, ESR has selected background check trends that have substantially impacted the future of the background screening industry. For 2019, each trend was announced on the ESR News Blog and listed on the “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” web page with an increased focus on the information security of screening firms topping the list. Here are the “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2019:
1. Data Breach Concerns Lead to Increased Focus on Information Security with Screening Firms
2. FCRA Lawsuits Not Only Legal Compliance Concern for Employers Performing Background Checks
3. Low Unemployment Makes Employers More Willing to Hire Ex-Offenders with Criminal Records
4. Ban the Box Pervasive Enough for Studies to Show Whether Fair Chance Laws are Effective
5. Laws Prohibiting Salary History Questions Will Increase as Gender Pay Equity Movement Grows
6. Cheap and Instant Background Checks of Gig Economy Workers Lead to Due Diligence Concerns
7. AI Improves Background Checks but Human Touch Still Needed Due to Discrimination Concerns
8. War for Talent Forces Employers to Examine Screening Process to Reduce Impediments to Hiring
9. Social Media Screening Remains Hot Topic while CRAs Deal with EEOC and FCRA Concerns
10. Form I-9 Audits Will Continue to Rise for Employers Suspected of Hiring Illegal Workers
ESR founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Attorney Lester Rosen – the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual” – will host a live complimentary webinar entitled “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2019” that will take place on Wednesday, January 30, 2019, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Noon Pacific Standard Time. To register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5840930517922184451.
Rosen was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®) and served as first co-chair. His speaking appearances have included numerous national and statewide conferences and he has been quoted in various news stories. He has also qualified as an expert witness in several court cases involving safe hiring and due diligence issues.
About Employment Screening Resources® (ESR)
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading a global background check firm – is accredited by the NAPBS, undergoes annual SOC 2® Type 2 audits, is Privacy Shield certified, was named to 2018 HRO Today Magazine Baker’s Dozen for Top Pre-Employment Screening Service, and won the 2018 HRO Today TekTonic Award for innovative and disruptive background screening technology. To learn more, visit www.esrcheck.com.
Employment Screening Resource (ESR)
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire